Goal: To provide funding for ES students conducting research or similar creative activities that will enhance their educational and career goals. Funding is available for supplies & expenses, campus recharge for space/facilities usage or NRS Reserve charges, and mileage reimbursement or other travel expenses directly related to the research.
Amount of Funding: Up to $500 per Individual Award
· Applicant must be a sophomore, junior, or senior Environmental Studies major, and must be conducting research under the guidance of a faculty member or one of their graduate students
· Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0
· All applicants must have a faculty sponsor
To apply: Submit a 1 page description of the proposed research, and a 1 page proposed budget with justification. Student should also indicate the faculty sponsor and provide contact information for them.
· A student funded by a faculty member’s research grant can apply as long as they are conducting their own clearly identifiable piece of research within the larger lab framework.
· Funding cannot be used for salaries.
· Funding is strictly reimbursable through ES staff.
· It will not go into the students BARC account. Students must save and turn in all receipts and/or or fill in travel forms for mileage or other travel reimbursement (forms available from ES office).
· Funds must be spent while student is still enrolled.
· Unspent funds will be returned to the Department.
· A reporting (1-2 pages) of how the funds contributed to the research product is required before final reimbursements.
· Recipients are required to contribute a poster to the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in May (if still a registered student.)
Applications can be submitted at any time via email to Erinn O’Shea at email@example.com. Decisions on applications will be determined within 4 weeks after submission of application.