Registering PhD Emphasis with Graduate Division

After acceptance in the emphasis and completion of the Core Seminar (ENV S 200), students must submit a Change of Degree Status Petition (available here) to the Graduate Division. By registering the PhD emphasis with the Graduate Division it becomes part of the student's permanent record.

Students will need to contact the program's director to ontain signature.

This petition may be completed at any time, the student does not need to have completed all of the emphasis requirements before filing. Early filing is encouraged!

    Completion of PhD Emphasis Requirements

    Before graduation students must submit the PhD Emphasis in Environment and Society Requirements Sheet (available here - under "Environment and Society") to the Graduate Division to receive credit for completing the emphasis.