Change of Degree Status Petition

After being admitted to the emphasis and upon completing the Core Seminar (ENV S 200), you will file a Change of Degree Status Petition (available here) with the Graduate Division. You will need to sign and obtain signatures from Home Department Chair or Advisor, the IPEES Director, and your OISS Representative (for international students only). You will also need to pay a $20.00 petition fee to the Cashier's Office (1212 SAASB) and attach the receipt to your petition that you will then submit to the Graduate Division in 3117 Cheadle Hall.

Electives Petition

To have one or more courses not on the list of preapproved emphasis electives, you should fill out the Electives Petition Form (available here) and submit it to Martin Rodriguez, Program Coordinator, at

PhD Emphasis Requirements Sheet

A completed Requirements Sheet (available here) must be submitted to the Graduate Division to receive credit for earning the emphasis.